The slow cooker is a marvellous piece of kitchen equipment, it’s easy and convenient to prepare meals that are nutritious and full of flavour. Simply fill your slow cooker with some nutritious ingredients before leaving for work in the morning, and be welcomed home to a heart-warming meal that is filling your home with mouth-watering aromas.
Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 Chicken thighs, all skin and fat removed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 200g black beans
- 150g frozen sweet corn
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped red Jalapeño
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, chipotle paste, honey and jalapeno and set aside.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients and pour over the tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours. At the end of the cooking time remove the chicken; using 2 forks shred the chicken. Add chicken back to the sauce and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Divide between 4 plates and serve.
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.