Stuck in a rut eating the same meals everyday? Then this lovely healthy breakfast frittata, might just jazz things up for you. Healthy, nutritious and filling, this frittata or spanish omelette as some would call it, is so simple to make and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, brunch, hot or cold.
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 200g new potatoes
- 4 reduced fat sausages, quartered (I used Asda chicken ones)
- 4 lean rashers bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 30g reduced fat cheddar, grated
- 100g fat free cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
4g Saturated fat
*Based on using Asda reduced fat chicken sausages
- Cook potatoes until just tender, drain and set aside, once cooled, cut into thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the bacon and sausages until they start to caramelise. Add the garlic, herbs and tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Blitz together the remaining ingredients, and season.
- Add the potatoes to the pan, pour over the egg mix and cook on a low/medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the under side has set.
- Preheat the grill and place frittata under it under set and golden on top.
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.