The problem you have when you think of a cheesy pasta bake is the amount of fat and calories, that is why most people tend to steer clear and make the healthier choices of a tomato based sauce. I have done a little experimenting and have come up with a tasty four cheese pasta bake that I have made healthier, and it takes very little effort to make too.
Four Cheese Pasta Bake Made Healthy
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 300g pasta
- 200g broccoli florets
- 200g cauliflower florets
- 150g low fat plain cottage cheese
- 80g primula light cheese
- 45g reduced fat cheddar cheese grated
- 30g parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions and set aside. Cook broccoli and cauliflower until just tender and set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 180'c. In a jug blend together the cottage cheese, Primula cheese, eggs, mustard powder and herbs, season well with black pepper and garlic salt.
- Mix together the pasta and vegetables and pour over the cheese sauce mix, blend well together before transferring to an oven proof dish.
- Mix together the cheddar and parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top. Bake in the pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted and is a golden brown.
- Enjoy with a garden salad!
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.