With the weather turning cold again, you can’t beat a bowl of healthy filling homemade soup. This spicy mixed bean and chorizo soup is one of my favourites, and I just had to share it with you.
Spicy Mixed Bean and Chorizo Soup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 can of mixed beans in tomato sauce
- 100g chorizo, diced into small pieces
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 500g chicken stock
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat a large saucepan and add the chorizo, peppers, garlic, celery, chilli and onion and cook for a couple of minutes, stir to avoid sticking.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary, spoon into warm bowls and sprinkle over some fresh coriander before serving. Enjoy!
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.