I’m not sure about you, but when it comes to food there are two things that is important to me, taste and presentation. If food lack taste and looks rubbish on a plate whats the point of eating it? Having never made a spaghetti carbonara before I thought it was about time that I put together some ingredients and see what the results were, Well I dont mean to blow my own trumpet here but you know what this was one amazing plate of food, one that I,m proud to share with you 🙂
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150g Spaghetti
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, all fat removed
- 30g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 50g fat free natural cottage cheese
- 40g Primula light soft cheese (or similar)
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- spray oil/low cal spray
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. While this is cooking finely chop the bacon and mushrooms, remove the skin from the garlic and crush lightly.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat, cook the mushrooms and garlic for a minute or 2 before adding the bacon, allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before removing the garlic.
- Meanwhile combine the eggs, cottage cheese and Primela light in a jug and blitz with a hand blender until smooth, season with a little black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- When the pasta is ready drain and return to the saucepan and keep warm, add the bacon and mushrooms and parmesan cheese toss well together. Pour over the sauce and mix well together, the heat from the pasta, bacon and mushrooms is enough to cook the eggs.
- Divide between two warm bowls and serve immediately.
- TIP For those of you who have never looked at the fat content of an egg you would be surprise to know that 1 single egg has 7g of fat… Interesting
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.