The thing I love most about peppers are the versatility, they make a great soup, works well roasted and even better when stuffed. This stuffed peppers recipe has been used by my family for years, but with a little tweaking I have turned it into a much healthier one. One that you can enjoy without that guilty feeling.
Low Fat Stuffed Peppers
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 large bell peppers cut in half length ways
- 180g cooked long grain rice
- 150g extra lean minced beef
- 135g reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium leek finely sliced
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 1/2 small pepper finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g passata
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Worcester sauce
- Fry light
- Add fry light to a pan and brown the minced beef. Add your onions and garlic and allow to soften slightly. Add to that, your chopped peppers, leeks, passata, tomato puree and seasoning and cook on a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Pre heat your oven to 180'c and spray a large oven proof dish with fry light. Add your rice to your mince and cook for a further minute.
- Add your rice to your mince and cook for a further minute.
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and place into the oven proof dish, top with cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cheese has melted to a golden brown. (if the cheese starts browning to quickly before the peppers has a chance to soften, cover with foil)
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.