The end to a good day is sitting down with a lovely dessert. Knowing what’s in it makes it more enjoyable too, as you can eat it without feeling guilty if its a low fat version. My latest invention of this lovely low fat meringue and soft berry Gateau came about after I saw a stunning pic of a full fat version, it had me drooling to the point that I knew I had to come up with a low fat version, and here it is…
Low Fat Meringue and Soft Berry Gâteau
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 Meringue nest
- 6 x 120g Pots of low fat Greek style yogurt (I used the new Muller light coconut & vanilla flavoured ones)
- 100g Chopped fresh strawberries
- 100g Fresh raspberries
- Gently crush meringues and place in a large mixing bowl, add yogurt and mix together.
- Add fruit and mix until well combined. Line a loaf tin with clear cling wrap and pour mixture in, level cover and place in freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Remove from tin, slice and serve with fresh berries. Enjoy!!
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.