I simply cannot believe that I have had such a yummy recipe sitting amongst my bits and pieces for over 10 years. This is by far the most delicious tasting low fat chocolate chip brownies I have ever tasted. They are soft, squidgy, moist OMG they are truly delicious, you just gotta try them to understand what I’m on about.
Low Fat Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 1 rating
- 113g Dried stoned prunes
- 4 Eggs
- 6 tbsp Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 113g Self-raising flour
- 50g Chocolate chips
- 14g Pecan halves
- 1 tsp Icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180’c/160’c fan/Gas 4.
- Line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan add 6 tbsp of water and the prunes, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes until prunes are soft.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mash down into a paste.
- When the prunes are cooled, add the eggs, sweetener and essence and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in using a metal spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the mixture.
- Spray the pre-lined tin with fry light and add the mixture, level off and add the pecan halves.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cake is spongy to the touch .
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into 15 pieces. Enjoy!
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.