Looking for a great low fat alternative for a Chinese style curry sauce? Then I have the perfect recipe for you, simply to make, packed full of nutritious ingredients and it tastes great too!
Low Fat Chinese Style Chicken Curry
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 400g Cook from frozen chicken
- 1 Onion
- 150g Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 Knorr stock pots (or chicken oxo)
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tin mushy peas
- 150g Frozen peas
- Cooking spray
- Cut onion in half, finely dice one half and roughly chop the other.
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray, add the finely diced onion and cook over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the curry powder, stock pots and a little water, mix well to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and enough water to cover, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
- Spray a separate saucepan with cooking spray and gently cook the the roughly chopped onions, add the chicken and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Blitz the cauliflower until smooth, add the mushy peas, frozen peas and chicken. Heat through until the peas are tender and the chicken is also cooked all the way through. Enjoy!
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.