Eating the same foods can sometimes get a little boring, therefore finding new recipes and trying new foods is important especially when your trying to lose weight. I recently came across a recipe for some weetabix muffins but wasn’t totally blown away so, did a bit of experimenting and came up with these yummy low fat bran muffins, perfectly suited with morning coffee.
Low Fat Bran Muffins
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 105g Sultana All-Bran
- 50g Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 175g Fat free yoghurt (I used banana & custard flavoured Muller Light)
- 3 tbsp Applesauce (Tesco value)
- 25g Dried stoned dates finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Sweetener
- ½ tsp Mixed spice
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- In a large mixing bowl combine the All-bran, yoghurt, apple sauce, mixed spice, sweetener and egg, mix well together and set aside for 10 minutes or until the All bran has meshed down.
- Pre heat the oven to 170’c. Add your flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture and mix together, finally add the chopped dates and combine well together.
- Divide mixture between 6 muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.