A quick easy meal that can be enjoyed by all the family. Add a crisp green salad for added crunch and maybe a slice or two of garlic bread.
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 8 extra lean/reduced fat pork sausages
- 400g passata
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300g wholemeal spaghetti
- Cooking spray
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instruction. Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and sweat down the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Remove the sausages from their skins cut in half then, roll into balls. In a separate frying pan brown the meatballs. Add the passata to the peppers and onions, season with a little salt and pepper, add the herbs and chilli and simmer until sauce starts to reduce down. (You can add a natural sweetener at this stage if the tomatoes are too acid tasting.)
- When all the meatballs have browned, add to the tomato sauce and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowl and top with the meatballs and sauce.
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.