Bacon and butternut squash risotto, what is there not to like? The smooth creamy texture of the rice with the soft sweet butternut squash and not forgetting that lovely smokey taste of the bacon. This is such a wonderful combination of flavours. So simple to make but elegant and perfect for all the family to enjoy.
Bacon And Butternut Squash Risotto
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 160g Smoked Bacon sliced (fat removed)
- 300g Butternut Squash Diced
- 300g Arborio Rice
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 1 Leek Finely Sliced
- 1 Shallot Finely Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely Diced
- 120g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Oregano
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Fry light
- Add fry light to a saucepan and heat, add leeks, shallots and garlic allow to soften. Add bacon and cook through.
- Add rice mix well until all the grains are coated with the juices from the bacon and leeks.
- Add squash and enough stock to cover the rice. Bring to the boil, turn heat down and allow to simmer until most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Stir to avoid sticking, season with salt and pepper, add oregano.
- Continue to add stock until the rice is cooked. It should still have a slight bite but should be soft and creamy.
- Divide between 4, sprinkle with Parmesan and black pepper and serve with a fresh rocket salad.
Hi, I'm Melanie but most people call me Mel! I love good tasting food, enjoy cooking and growing my own veg. Love the great outdoors and spending time with my family.