There are many diets that advocate eating less or more of certain foods to lose weight. Eating less sugary foods and cutting down on saturated fat is good advice, removing carbohydrates or protein completely from your diet, not so good advice. Because of this approach to dieting, many diets will leave your body lacking those all important nutrients that your body needs, and a lot of the time the effects will show in your skin.
You want to lose weight, but you don’t want your efforts to result in your skin being wrinkly and dry. If you want to lose weight and have beautiful looking skin, then you need to include foods in your diet that make your skin look beautiful, sure there are other alternatives to beautiful skin, but why not eat yourself beautiful.
So that you know what foods to include in your diet to have beautiful looking skin, Fiona Hunter whom is a Simple Advisory Board Nutritionist, has identified and shared those foods that does wonders for your skin on Femalefirst.co.uk, continue below to see part of her list.
List Of Foods That Make Your Skin Beautiful
Fiona recommends cooking with the following foods to help encourage more beautiful skin:
- Salmon and other oily fish contain omega 3 fats which encourage the body to produce anti-inflammatory compounds which can help to slow and even reverse signs of ageing in the skin. Salmon is also rich in a compound called DMAE (2 dimethylaminoethanol) which can help to increase muscle tone and prevent skin from sagging. What’s more, eating a diet rich in omega 3 fats can help to keep our heart and mind healthy.
Brightly coloured fruit and vegetables
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of the phytochemical lycopene, which helps to protect the skin against damage from UV radiation.
- Butternut squash is a good source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, helping to protect the skin from damage by free radicals, which can cause wrinkles and signs of ageing.
- Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries contain phytochemicals, (which are plant chemicals that have protective or disease preventive properties) which help to strengthen the walls of tiny blood vessels and can help to prevent thread veins.
- Citrus fruit and red peppers are bursting with vitamin C which is essential for helping our bodies make collagen. Vitamin C also helps protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals and helps to slow down the progress of ageing. See the rest of the list here.
So if you want to lose weight and have beautiful skin include the above mentioned foods. You probably already do and if so good on you, if not there is no better day to start than today.
Has your diet affected your skin, for better or worst? What are you experiencing? Please share below, and don’t forget to like the article and share it too so your friends can benefit as well.